Monday, April 15, 2013

Ripple-A-Long Completes

Thanks to Mel Goodsell and her day to day blog and Instagram challenge 7 weeks ago, I've been bitten by the ripple crochet bug. I love that it has varieties in its stitch style, and I've managed to complete a few different styles and items.


Ripple Blanket

The Details:

The Yarn - Morris PADDINGTON which is a 6ply Bamboo 80% Merino 20% blend.

4 x 50g balls Newspaper #635 (grey)

5 x 50g balls Chalk #601 (cream)

5 x 50g balls Lipstick #634 (red)

5 x 50g balls Dutch Teal #624 (blue)

5 x 50g balls Cornichon #627 (green).

The Pattern - Attic 24 bloggers Neat Ripple Pattern

Using this pattern I hooked 199 foundation chain and worked a total of 56 bands of colour that's 112 rows.

The Hook - 4mm


The Border - I've worked a single crochet all around the blanket, but in the space of the peak at each ripple, I've worked a bobble stitch. By using a variation Heidi Bears Creative bloggers Crocheted Bobble Edging.

First work a Slip Stitch,

then in to the same space, work like the ripple decrease but your in the same space so it's increasing.

Yarn over, into same stitch, yarn over, back through stitch (3 loops on hook)

Yarn over draw through 2 loops (2 loops on hook)

Repeat above again, so Yarn over, into same stitch yarn over, back through stitch (4 loops on hook)

Yarn over, draw through2 loops (3 loops on hook)

Repeat again, this time finishing with (4 loops on hook)

Yarn over, draw through all 4 loops.

Complete with a Slip Stitch into the same space and your little bobble is formed.

Continue with Single crochet till the next ripple peak point and repeat.

At the end of each row work 3 Single crotchets into the same space to complete your corner turn.

On the sides I worked 3 Single Crochets into each band of colour.

Completed size 140cm x 120cm

Leftovers - yes there is enough I think to work a small cushion too match which is my to-do list.

If you have enjoyed my blanket journey pop on over to Mel's blog post and check out the list of other bloggers who joined in the ripple-a-long, or just pop into my pinterest board, where I've pinned my favourites, or even follow me along in Instagram or search the #ripplealong.

Scarves

Adult Ripple Scarf

The Details:

The Yarn - Lincraft Zambezee which is a 8 ply Tencel 50% Acrylic 50% blend.

The Pattern - Attic 24 bloggers Neat Ripple Pattern

Using this pattern I hooked 45 foundation chain and worked a total of 65 bands of colour that's 130 rows..

The Hook - 4mm

For Sale - This one will sell for $45. This is a one of a kind item, but I'm happy to replica in new yarn - price subject to yarn price.

The ZigZag Cowl Scarf - shared this last week, but wanted to add the details

The Details:

The Yarn - Lincraft Zambezee which is a 8 ply Tencel 50% Acrylic 50% blend. Pattern requires 300grams, i think I've used less than that but cant be sure as I worked the above 2 scarves from the 12 balls i purchased in two styles and I have one full ball and some scraps left.

The Pattern - Simply Crochet Issue 3 Digital Edition, downloaded via subscription to my ipad.

The Hook - 6mm

Rainbow scarf - I fell in love with rainbow ripples and had to play with rainbows, so these will feature at an upcoming market stall for Forever Always or you can email me on info@foreveralways.com.au to place an inquiry or order.

The Details:

The Yarn - Moda Vera GELATO, which is a 50% acrylic, 50% cotton blend, it's lovely and soft.

The Pattern - Attic 24 bloggers Neat Ripple Pattern. I've worked 7 colour repeats for my child size scarf, with a ruffle edge on each end to complete.

The Hook - 4mm

The Border - I decided on a pretty ruffle edge, and after reading many blogs my head was spinning with all the crochet jargon so i ended up playing with the different stitches, and I think I've come close to Attic 24's version off Granny Blanket Edging.

Border is completed in 3 rows.

First row begining with a Slip stitch, 5 chain, slip stitched into every 3rd chain Repeat till end.

Second row 5 chain slip stitches into middle of previous rows 5 chain spaces, repeated till end.

Third and final row, into each 5 chain space work a single crochet, double crochet, half treble crochet, treble crochet, half treble crochet, double crochet and a single crochet.

To order or purchase - Rainbow child size will retail for $20, and is available to order.

And coming next post is my African Flower finish, all 115 hexagons were stitches together on the weekend, I just need to settle on an edging pattern, so if you have a suggestion, I'd much appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. oh WOW, what a gorgeous array of ripple goodness - your blanket is beautiful and I love how you've made the border. Lovely scarves too - well done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}